Fourth of July weekend is rapidly approaching, and that means one thing: fireworks! While fireworks can be fun, they can also be dangerous. In fact, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, there were an estimated 9,600 fireworks-related injuries during the season in 2011 (and another 7,400 in 2013). Be safe this Fourth of July by following these tips from the Insurance Information Institute:
- Always read and follow label directions
- Never light fireworks without supervision
- Have water and a fire extinguisher nearby
- Light fireworks one at a time
- Never aim, point, or throw fireworks at another person
With these tips in mind, we wish you a very happy (and safe) Fourth of July from The Reis Group!