Halloween is here, with ghosts and goblins galore. While safety tips for young trick-or-treaters are important, it is just as vital for adults to keep safety in mind. Whether you’re escorting a group of costumed crusaders, or handing out goodies from home, here are some tips to keep everyone safe as we celebrate.
- Remove obstacles such as toys, lawn decorations, and garden hoses from the porch and yard in order to prevent tripping.
- Sweep leaves or snow away from sidewalks and steps.
- Check all outdoor lights and replace any burned-out or broken bulbs.
- Keep jack-o’-lanterns and candles out of the reach of pets and children. Avoid areas near walkways, doorsteps, and curtains. Never leave them unattended.
- Be especially alert while driving. Pay extra attention to crosswalks, intersections, and the side of the road.
- Drive below the speed limit in residential areas during trick-or-treating hours.
Halloween also presents the perfect opportunity for checking up on your homeowner’s insurance. There’s nothing scarier than finding out you don’t have the right coverage! Make sure that you have adequate protection in case trick-or-treaters or other guests are injured in your home or on your property. Still have questions about homeowner’s insurance? Contact the insurance experts at The Reis Group.